Repairing my amplifier

The replacement part from the vendor finally arrived, so I was able to start repairing my amplifier.

Let’s get started. To replace this tiny part between the capacitors, I had to open up the unit completely from both sides. The vendor sent me a video showing how to (de-)solder the potentiometer for the replacement.

Since I have a more or less “semi-professional” workbench for this (my dining room table), it took some time to complete.

After the replacement, I set the voltage back to 157V and crossed my fingers that this time it wouldn’t rise on its own.

Stupidly, the volume initially started to rise again like last time, so I set it back to 157V. After some time it finally settled there. 🎉

At the time of writing, the amp has now been running for 30 minutes without any problems. I hope that this will fix the problem permanently. I’ll check it out under load the next time I’m at my parents’ house.

Written by

Noah Nowak

20 Posts

With my career roots as a team leader of an IT team, I have turned my second dream job into my hobby, which I share and process in my blog. Working with audio in my personal time is providing me with the variety and work-life balance that everyone should have.
View all posts

1 thought on “Repairing my amplifier”

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.